Still practicing architecture, Lillian’s career spans six decades after leaving the School of Architecture in 1950 to work in London with Erno Goldfinger and in Paris with Andre Siva. Returning to New Zealand in 1954 she and new husband David Chrystall set up practice at 27 Airedale St in Auckland city becoming a central gathering place for friends, architects, writers and artists over the 1950’s and early 1960’s. Designed many houses and commercial buildings – contemporary of The Group, Maurice K Smith, Dick Hobin/Structural Developments and Brenner Associates.
Lincoln Laidlaw house, Fraser house, Yock house, Dowell house, Cooper house
Further images and information will be available shortly on the ‘Women Architects of the Modern’ page.